Club News | 16th May 2020
This year will be 50 years since Stewartry RFC was re-formed.
The club was originally set up to provide rugby opportunities to former pupils of the Stewartry Schools without the need to travel to Dumfries. Since then we have developed that idea a bit more.
Stewartry RFC now provide:-
- Weekly playing opportunities for Adults, U18s, U16s, u14s, P6/7, P5, P4 and P1-3 – for both male and females.
- Deliver Rugby in the curriculum at Castle Douglas High School and Kirkcudright Ac as a subject (School of Rugby) and provide curricular and extra-curricular opportunities at Dalry HS and Dalbeattie Learning Campus.
These schools then compete in Regional Schools competitions throughout the academic year with 3 held at Greenlaw annually.
- Deliver Primary Curricular sessions in ALL Stewartry’s primary schools at P7 (some schools from P4).
- Provide coaching opportunities to parents and aspiring young coaches to help add their players development.
- Provide Physical First Aid and Mental Health First aid to all players at all age groups.
- Provide U15 to U18 players opportunities to train in the gym with qualified instructors and full access to Adult playing members.
- Away from Rugby we provide a home and training space to corporate organisations for workshops as well as Stewartry Archery Club, Stewartry Wheelers, Schools cross country, Stewartry Show and many more community events.
The early finish of the season has given us time to reflect on that successful 50 years of development and get us excited but the next 50 years (and many more)…
We couldn’t have done all this without the support of our Rugby community and the wider community.
We are working on a plan for the next 5 years of development at SRFC and would love to hear everyone’s feedback about their experiences with SRFC over the more recent years.
What should our next steps be?
What values should we keep at our core?
Thank you in advance.